Fried corn tortillas are filled with a mixture of chicken, green chilies, green chile salsa, and cream; then topped with Jack cheese, and baked to a delicious finish.
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- ½ (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) can prepared green chile salsa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- oil for frying
- 12 eaches corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, chilies, and salsa.
- In a wide, shallow dish stir together salt and whipping cream.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla for a few seconds, until it blisters, and immediately dip into cream and salt.
- Fill fried tortillas with chicken mixture. Roll and place flap side down in a baking dish. Pour remaining cream over tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven until cheese has melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.