This rich, sweet, and tangy pork recipe cooks up easily in the slow cooker. Serve it with rice and beans or use as a filling for burritos or tacos.
- 3 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- Place pork roast in the crock of a slow cooker, and add 4 cups water. Cook on High for 5 hours.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and drain liquid. Cut the pork into 4 pieces, and set aside. Puree salsa in blender. Combine the pureed salsa, cola, brown sugar, fajita seasoning, taco seasoning, and green chilies in the crock of the slow cooker. Add the pork, and cook on High for an additional 3 hours.
- Remove the pork, and shred with 2 forks. Serve.