Light, creamy, and super easy to make, this peach and ricotta cheese filling is perfect for sweet crepes!
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain ricotta cheese in cheesecloth placed over a bowl, 12 to 24 hours.
- Combine drained ricotta, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Refrigerate immediately.
- Spread peach pie filling into the bottom of a nonstick pot and add lemon juice. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a heat-resistant rubber spatula, until steam or bubbles begin to form. Use the spatula to roll filling together into the middle of the pan, and spread again. Repeat this process until filling is the consistency of honey.
- While filling is still hot, scrape into a container and allow to cool, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take the cream filling out of the refrigerator. Combine fruit mixture with cream in a separate bowl, 1 spoonful of each at a time, until the consistency is that of cake frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.