Lightly seasoned with a touch of sweetness, these breakfast sausages are a great addition to your breakfast plate.
- aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- Set one oven rack to the middle position and another one 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine ground pork, maple syrup, garlic, parsley, marjoram, salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika in a bowl; mix gently until well combined. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and form into patties. Place on the prepared baking sheet and press down with the palm of your hand to flatten.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and turn on the oven's broiler on low.
- Broil sausage patties on the top rack until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).