Simple ingredients and low effort produce these tasty Swedish hallongrottor cookies, or "raspberry caves," that are filled with sweet raspberry jam and baked golden.
- 1 cup butter
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 16 teaspoons raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 16-cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour, baking powder, and vanilla sugar; beat to combine.
- Divide dough in 1/2 and divide each 1/2 into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place a ball of dough into each prepared muffin cup; make a small indentation in the center of each dough ball with a flour-coated thumb. Fill each indentation with a teaspoon of raspberry jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown, about 20 minutes.