Unwrap these quick and easy baked hot dogs to reveal a luscious filling of sweet onion sauce and melted Velveeta(R) cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hot dogs
- ½ (8 ounce) package processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®), cubed, or to taste
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 sheets aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and brown sugar and cook until onion is soft but not yet brown, about 5 minutes. Add ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cut a slit through each hot dog and fill with cubes of cheese food. Place dogs in buns and cover meat with onion sauce, about 3 tablespoons each. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until piping hot throughout, about 15 minutes.