These sunflower butter and dried fruit trail bars are a fun, filling snack for people who have a lot of food allergies and sensitivities.
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex®), crushed
- 1 cup salted sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1 (1.5 ounce) box raisins
- 1 (1.5 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 tablespoons honey, or more as needed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter (such as SunButter®)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine rice cereal, sunflower seeds, raisins, cranberries, and rice flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add honey and stir to coat. Add egg and butter; stir until well distributed. Press mixture evenly into a 6-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.