Add some umami to your homemade basil pesto by blending oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes with the usual Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- 1 ½ cups packed basil leaves
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine basil, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until blended. Pour olive oil in slowly, with the processor running, until a paste forms. Blend to desired texture.