Here's a quick and easy way to create a beautiful summer fruit dessert. I love to use fresh peaches, strawberries and blueberries, but frozen fruits should also work. It will look like you spent hours making this fancy 30 minute dessert! Pairs great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 medium (blank)s fresh peaches - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons turbinado sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Lay out one pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment or on a baking stone, leaving room for the second pie crust next to it.
- Mix together the sliced peaches with half the blueberries, 2 tablespoons of the flour and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a bowl. Pour over one pie crust leaving a 1-inch border. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit and pinch into pleats. Sprinkle the crust and fruit filling with 3 tablespoons of turbinado (or raw) sugar.
- Lay out the second pie crust on the baking sheet. Mix together the sliced strawberries, the rest of the blueberries, 2 tablespoons of flour and 2 tablespoons of sugar in the bowl. Pour over the second pie crust and form the galette the same as the first. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of turbinado sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle with more sugar if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.