These pumpkin bran muffins are sugar-free and gain sweetness only from raisins, providing a treat that's not only delicious, but wholesome.
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups wheat bran (such as Bob's Red Mill®)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree (such as Libby's®)
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Plump raisins by microwaving them in a microwave-safe bowl with water to cover for 2 minutes. Drain water and set raisins aside.
- Combine flour, wheat bran, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Combine pumpkin, canola oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Blend using an electric hand mixer on low speed. Add flour mixture and blend until combined. Fold in plumped raisins. Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.