Vanilla cream cheese pudding, strawberry gelatin, and angel food cake are layered into this bright, towering trifle that will feed a crowd.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), divided
- 1 ½ cups white sugar, divided
- 2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) angel food cake, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®)
- Combine cream cheese and vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add large container of whipped topping; beat on high speed until thoroughly combined. Beat in 1/2 cup sugar.
- Stir water and cornstarch together in a saucepan. Set over medium heat. Pour in remaining 1 cup sugar, strawberry-flavored gelatin mix, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat; let cool for 5 minutes. Fold in strawberries.
- Spread 3/4 inch of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with half of the cake pieces. Add half of the strawberry gelatin mixture. Repeat layers.
- Fold small container of whipped topping into the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over the top of the trifle. Place trifle in the refrigerator.