For a fun take on a classic summer entertaining dessert, try this simple strawberry shortcake watermelon pizza with store-bought or homemade whipped cream.
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 center-cut slice of watermelon, about 1 inch thick
- 1 cup whipped cream, or to taste
- Mix strawberries and sugar together in a medium bowl until the strawberries are thoroughly coated. Allow the strawberries to macerate for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the round watermelon slice into 8 wedges, and keep them together. Pat dry with a paper towel or clean dish towel.
- Spray or spoon the whipped cream onto the center of the watermelon round; don't be afraid to pile it on, as the cream will sink under the weight of the strawberries.
- Spoon the macerated strawberries and their juices over the whipped cream and serve immediately.