This yummy icebox cake is made with strawberry Oreos(R) and cream flavored with strawberry extract. Garnish with grated chocolate and extra strawberries.
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- ¾ cup milk
- 16 ounces strawberry sandwich cookies (such as Oreo® Strawberry Cream)
- 2 tablespoons grated milk chocolate
- 10 fresh strawberries for garnish
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl using an electric mixer until frothy. Add sugar gradually, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Mix in strawberry extract. Spread a little strawberry cream on the bottom of a rectangular dish.
- Pour milk into a bowl and dip each side of the Oreo into the milk for a couple of seconds then shake off excess.
- Sandwich cookies together with a heaped teaspoon of strawberry cream each. Lay them into the dish, working lengthwise about 10 across the dish. Continue laying cookies into the dish to create about 4 rows.
- Cover the top and sides of the cookies with the rest of the cream. Sprinkle grated chocolate on top.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over the top of the cake to prevent it from sticking. Cover icebox cake and dish with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate until cookies have turned soft, at least 8 hours to overnight. Garnish with strawberries before serving.