This simple recipe for strawberry oatmeal bars with white chocolate chips is quick to make and can be easily varied with other fruits or berries as well.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. If butter has not melted, microwave 30 seconds longer. Pour 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons corn syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract into melted butter; stir until combined. Add oats and mix to combine; mixture may be a bit thick but do not add additional liquid.
- Stir in strawberries and white chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared baking dish and lightly press mixture into the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden on top, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing into bars.