This is the quintessential fresh strawberry pie. Lovely sliced berries are coated with a strawberry gelatin glaze, arranged in a graham cracker crust, chilled and piled with mountains of whipped cream.
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Mix together the sugar, water, gelatin and cornstarch in a medium large saucepan. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Fold in the sliced strawberries, toss until well coated. Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Chill until well set. Serve topped with whipped cream.