Oats are optional in this pecan, date, and pumpkin seed granola with a sticky, toffee-like consistency.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pitted dates, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add maple syrup, molasses, pumpkin puree, apple juice, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract; whisk until blended and warmed through.
- Combine pecans, oats, cranberries, dates, hazelnuts, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds in a large mixing bowl. Pour in maple syrup mixture and toss to combine. Spread mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until granola looks dry, 3 to 4 hours. Allow to cool until crisp. Crumble into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a covered container.