Simply microwave curry chicken wings with eggplant and kabocha (Japanese pumpkin) in chicken stock for a quick, easy steamed dinner for two.
- 10 chicken wings (wingettes)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 eggplant
- ½ pound kabocha squash - halved, seeded, and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Wash chicken wings well and dry with paper towels.
- Combine curry powder and salt together in a bowl. Toss in the chicken wings to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and slice into several pieces diagonally. Soak in water to prevent browning.
- Place chicken in a microwave-safe bowl; distribute eggplant and kabocha evenly on top. Pour in chicken stock. Cover with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Cook in the microwave at 600 watts until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 7 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).