Kick off game day with these fun bite-sized cheese and steak pockets made with sauteed steak, bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion wrapped in biscuit dough.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (Optional)
- ½ yellow onion, chopped (Optional)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (Optional)
- 9 ounces skirt steak, sliced into strips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat the bottom of a frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat until oil shimmers. Add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Push vegetables to one side of the pan and add steak slices. Cook, stirring as needed, until no longer red, 7 to 10 minutes. Mix steak and vegetables together. Drain mixture on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pop open the biscuit cans and separate them into 16 pieces. Flatten each biscuit until doubled in diameter.
- Place steak and veggie mix in a medium bowl and add Cheddar cheese. Mix well. Place a large spoonful into the center of each biscuit and fully wrap. Press seams together and place pockets seam-sides down on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice each pocket in half and serve.