It's so good on a chilly spring night and even better with a grilled sandwich for lunch the next day. By the way, you can omit any veggies you chose, but don't use canned vegetables. I promise you it's just better this way
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup torn spinach
- ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup chopped cabbage
- 2 (32 fluid ounce) containers chicken broth
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup canned white beans
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Mix in potato, broccoli, corn, spinach, mushrooms, carrots, and cabbage. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, until potato is tender.
- Stir egg noodles and white beans into the pot, and continue cooking 7 minutes, or until noodles are tender and beans are heated through.