Drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, slices of tomato and fresh mozzarella lay on a bed of baby spinach in this greener version of a classic Caprese salad. Garnished with chopped fresh basil, the bright and simple flavors of summer are shown off in this colorful and elegant dish.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Spread the spinach out on a serving plate. Place the slices of tomato on the bed of spinach. Top each slice of tomato with a slice of fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle the basil over the salad and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.