Chicken breasts are baked in the oven with the ingredients of a classic spinach artichoke dip; the result is a delicious, cheesy main dish.
- cooking spray
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup finely crushed garlic croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over chicken and sprinkle crushed croutons on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in centre, 35 to 40 minutes.