Classic white chili gets a kicky flavor boost with the addition of jalapeno and green chiles.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s cooked chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion, jalapeno, and garlic until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, Great Northern beans, garbanzo beans, corn, green chiles, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir chicken into broth. Cover and simmer chili for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a bowl; stir into chili and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until chili is thickened, about 5 minutes.