This is a great recipe my husband loves to make - it's a whole meal in it self and very simple to put together. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole if desired.
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, divided
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- In a large skillet or frying pan, cook chorizo, onion and garlic over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is done. Drain off grease, stir in chilies and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10 inch pie plate.
- Place 2 tortillas in pie plate. Spread half of the sausage mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Place 2 tortillas on top of cheese. Spread with beans. Place 2 tortillas on beans and place peppers on tortillas. Place 2 tortillas on top of peppers. Spread with remaining sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and center is hot. Cool 10 minutes before cutting.