Grilling tends to dry chicken but brining it in buttermilk results in tender and juicy chicken.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Whisk buttermilk, cilantro, lime, garlic, chili powder, coriander, and cumin together in a bowl until smooth. Pour into a 1-gallon-sized resealable bag. Add chicken, close bag, and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and discard any extra marinade. Grill chicken for 16 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark.