Carrots cooked with brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and a hint of nutmeg make a flavorful and easy side dish that's great with fall meals.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir carrots with brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg in the hot oil until carrots are glazed, coated with spices, and tender, 10 to 15 minutes.