Dry-roasted almonds coated in cocoa powder and cayenne make for an easy high-protein snack that doesn't skimp on flavor!
- 4 cups raw unsalted almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon granular sucralose sweetener (such as Splenda®)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Stir and continue baking until fragrant and toasty, about 5 minutes more. Let cool on tray for 2 minutes; pour into a bowl.
- Add cocoa powder, sucralose, and cayenne pepper. Stir with a spatula until well coated. Pour almonds back onto the baking tray to cool completely.