Marinated shrimp, grilled on skewers, have the fiery flavors of chipotle chilies, garlic, and red pepper flakes. This is for those who like their grilled shrimp spicy enough to break a sweat.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 peppers chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- wooden or metal skewers
- Mix together the garlic, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cilantro, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Stir in the shrimp, and mix well to thoroughly coat. Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and discard excess marinade. Thread about 5 shrimp per skewer, and grill on the preheated grill until the shrimp turn pink and opaque in the center, about 2 minutes per side.