Looking for spicier, cheesier appetizers? These jalapeno peppers stuffed with pepper Jack cheese and wrapped in bacon will fit the bill.
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- ½ (8 ounce) package pepper Jack cheese (such as Tillamook®)
- 12 slices bacon
- Slice caps off the jalapeno peppers; reserve. Core and seed the peppers.
- Cut pepper Jack cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into sticks the thickness of a pencil. Stuff jalapeno peppers with as many cheese sticks as will fit. Secure caps back on the jalapenos, using at least 2 toothpicks per pepper.
- Wrap 1 slice bacon around each jalapeno pepper. Keep bacon secure by skewering the end on one of the toothpicks.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill jalapeno peppers, watching for flare-ups, until bacon is browned, about 20 minutes.