This quick and easy egg curry combines turmeric and coriander powder with garlic, ginger, and boiled eggs to create a warm and spicy meal.
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece ginger, grated
- 4 curry leaves, or to taste
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add ginger and curry leaves; cook and stir until flavor is released, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place onions into the pan containing the ginger mixture; cook until the onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic paste; cook until garlic releases aroma, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt into the onion mixture. Cook and stir, being careful not to burn the spices, until spices are incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes and tomato paste into the pan; cook and stir until the tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add boiled eggs to the pan; stir until eggs are coated, about 1 minute.