Chunks of smoky pork loin filet are stir fried with lots of fresh veggies in a savory broth. Serve over polenta or rice.
- 1 Smithfield® Mesquite Seasoned Loin Filet, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet until hot. Add the pork to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add all of the vegetables to the skillet. Sprinkle with lime juice, chili powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften and the pork cooks through.
- Add the broth/cornstarch mixture to the skillet and cook just until the liquid comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Serve over polenta.