This easy one pot recipe includes favorite tastes of the Southwest--creamy beans, sweet corn, and tender meat.
- 1 (3 ounce) link chorizo sausage, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (5.6 ounce) package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Brown chorizo in large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season ground beef, if desired, with salt and pepper. Add ground beef and onion to same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add water, beans and corn and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice; reduce heat and simmer covered until rice is tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and let stand 2 minutes before serving. Serve, if desired, with lime wedges, corn tortillas and chopped cilantro, scallions and avocado.