These waffles substitute sour cream and yogurt for milk. The inspiration came about one morning when there was no milk in the house.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs eggs, beaten
- In a bowl, mix together water, sour cream, yogurt, and vinegar.
- Sift flour into a separate, large bowl; stir in baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add sour cream mixture and eggs to flour mixture; blend until smooth.
- Cook on a lightly greased waffle iron until golden brown; lift off with a fork.