This pie is a favorite with my family. I make it a lot for Mother's Day and birthdays. It's a different flavor, and a nice change from the ordinary.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pears, drained and chopped
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup butter
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon and salt. Mix in the egg and sour cream until smooth. Add pears, and stir gently until coated. Pour the mixture into a graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. While the pie is baking, make the topping in a medium bowl. Stir together the sugar and flour. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over the pie.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Cool completely before serving.