This simple, hearty casserole features ground beef browned in butter and simmered with tomato sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Fold in cottage cheese, sour cream, green onions and egg noodles, then bake with Cheddar cheese sprinkled over the top.
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese, creamed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown meat in butter; add salt, pepper, garlic salt and tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Mix cottage cheese, sour cream, onions, meat sauce and noodles. Place in a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.