The holidays are a perfect time of year to spend some time baking cookies as a family. Featuring fun shapes and decorative icing, these Christmas cookies will be a hit at home or your next holiday party.
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract (Optional)
- Colored sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer. Mix in egg and lemon extract until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until smooth. Divide dough in half; shape into 2 flat disks. Wrap dough in parchment paper; refrigerate 1 hour until firm enough to roll.
- Roll out the dough 1/8-inch thick between two sheets of lightly floured parchment paper.
- Cut dough with 2 to 6-inch snowflake cookie cutters. Place cookies 1-inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Decorate with colored sprinkles.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to brown on edges. Cool.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl, adding milk slowly until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled cookies.