This pasta primavera salad is made with red and green bell peppers, fresh parsley, and fresh dill, and gets extra flavor from smoked Gouda cheese.
- ½ (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced smoked Gouda cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup lemon balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cup soybean oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add rotini, salt, and olive oil. Cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, Gouda cheese, and parsley to rotini.
- Pour balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Add soybean oil in a small stream, whisking constantly until mixture emulsifies. Mix in dill and garlic salt. Slowly drizzle just enough of the vinaigrette over the pasta mixture until the pasta glistens. You may not need all of the vinaigrette, so store any leftovers for another use.