This recipe for smoked fish dip is world class, puts most others to shame, and is served in several prominent restaurants on the gulf coast of Florida. We used smoked whitefish, well boned, but any other smoked fish should work. Serve with crackers, lemon or lime wedges, and capers.
- 2 cups flaked smoked whitefish
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 pinch Old Bay (tm) Seasoning
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 3 drops liquid smoke flavoring
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Place whitefish, mayonnaise, and sour cream in the bowl of a food processor. Season with Old Bay ™ seasoning, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and cracked black pepper. Blend all ingredients until consistency reaches a spread.