If you love home-smoked meats, try this simple and savory chicken thigh recipe made with a dry-rub spice mix.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup cherry wood chips, or as needed
- Preheat a smoker to 200 degrees F (93 degrees C).
- Combine salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano in a bowl. Apply to chicken thighs as a dry rub.
- Smoke thighs using cherry wood for 1 hour. Rotate and flip thighs and continue smoking until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour more.