Roasted pumpkin and boiled potatoes are blended together to make this smashing soup finished in a slow cooker with milk and coconut milk.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out pulp and seeds. Wash and dry seeds. Place pumpkin halves cut-side down in a baking pan. Mix seeds with butter and salt and black pepper; spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake pumpkin halves on the top rack of the preheated oven until liquid starts to collect in the pan, about 1 hour. Bake pumpkin seeds on the bottom rack until toasted, about 45 minutes.
- Cool pumpkin halves for 10 minutes. Peel off and discard skin. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes more.
- Combine potatoes, pumpkin, tomatoes, parsley, Himalayan salt, thyme, and white pepper in a large bowl; mash together.
- Puree potato mixture in a blender in small batches, pouring each batch into a slow cooker and letting blender cool between batches.
- Stir coconut milk and milk into the slow cooker. Cook on Low until flavors combine, 4 to 6 hours. Serve toasted pumpkin sides on the side.