Crispy brown fingerling potatoes are topped with homemade sausage gravy, cheese curds, and pickled peppers to make this deliciously decadent brunch dish.
- 6 ounces Farmland® Original Pork Sausage Roll
- ¼ cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, cooked, slightly smashed
- 2 cups cheese curds
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- ½ cup pickled peppers
- Sausage Gravy: In medium saute pan, cook sausage until rendered and well browned. Remove and reserve.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add butter until melted; then whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk and chicken stock, whisking thoroughly. Add in reserved sausage. Cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add more liquid if necessary to thin. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat vegetable oil in an oven-safe skillet over high heat. Add smashed fingerling potatoes and cook until crispy and well browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Top potatoes with sausage gravy and cheese curds. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and pickled peppers.