Meat from turkey legs adds smoky flavor to this slow cooker posole full of hominy and tomatillo cooking sauce.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans white hominy
- 2 smoked turkey legs, meat removed and shredded
- 1 ½ cups tomatillo cooking sauce (such as Herdez®)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine chicken broth, hominy, turkey meat, tomatillo sauce, onion, carrot, olive oil, and garlic in a slow cooker. Stir and cook on Low until flavors combine, about 6 hours.