Impress all your guests watching football with this perfectly seasoned beef for Philly cheese steak sandwiches that goes quite nicely with a cold beer.
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey (such as Jim Beam®)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot ®)
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer (such as Budweiser®)
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- Spread onion and garlic into the bottom of a slow cooker; layer beef over onion and garlic. Sprinkle cumin, black pepper, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, marjoram, and basil over beef; top with bourbon, soy sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Pour beer over beef mixture and add beef bouillon cubes.
- Cook on Low, stirring every hour or so, for 8 hours (or High for 4 hours).