A slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe with chicken thighs, Southwest mixed vegetables, zesty tomatoes, spices and fresh lime juice.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups frozen Southwest mixed vegetables (corn, black beans, red peppers)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Tortilla strips, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken, frozen vegetables, undrained tomatoes, chili pepper, cumin and broth in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from slow cooker; pull into shreds with 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir in lime juice. Serve and top with tortilla strips, avocado and cilantro, if desired.