This is always ready for tailgating and barbecues! I serve either on toasted rolls or with a starch like rice and a vegetable. Try using two different bottles of barbeque sauce: one smoky and sweet; one spicy.
- 2 ½ pounds boneless pork roast
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles barbeque sauce
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned roast, coffee, Worcestershire sauce, bourbon whiskey, garlic, beef broth, water, onion, and red pepper flakes in a slow cooker set to LOW. Cook 3 to 4 hours. Scoop garlic cloves out of the cooker and mash with a fork; return the mashed garlic to the slow cooker. Cook another 3 to 4 hours.
- Transfer roast to a large cutting board, and discard liquid. Shred the roast into strands using two forks, and return meat to the slow cooker. Stir in the barbeque sauce, and continue cooking on LOW for 1 to 3 hours.