Cook a beef chuck roast all day in the slow cooker with a mixture of black coffee, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce for a tender roast with a different taste.
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Montreal-style steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 cup hot strong black coffee
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- Rub chuck roast with 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle on all sides with steak seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the roast in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer roast to a slow cooker.
- Dissolve beef bouillon cube in the coffee and pour the mixture over the roast. Pour tomato sauce over meat and season with oregano; drizzle meat with 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
- Set cooker to Low and cook until meat is tender, 8 to 10 hours.