This vegetarian gnocchi recipe with a creamy, rich lemon and Parmesan sauce showcases an abundance of fresh vegetables and is the perfect option for a spring meal.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon-infused olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons herb-infused olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated gnocchi
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup halved grape tomatoes
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Heat butter and infused olive oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add gnocchi and stir frequently until golden, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and shallot; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, peas, carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, and squash; lightly saute until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly pour in broth and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Slowly add cream and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; mix to incorporate. Add remaining lemon juice and heat until warmed through and Parmesan is melted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each serving with tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan.