Browned ground beef is combined with a can of hot chili beans, chopped onion and tomato paste in a skillet, then seasoned with chili powder and seasoning salt in this recipe for a thick and hearty chili.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat, and crumble. Stir in onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste and chili beans. Season with chili powder, hot sauce, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency (at least 1 hour for best flavor).