Wonderful dish for entertaining or a busy weeknight meal; you can bring this ginger-infused shrimp curry dish to your table in less than 30 minutes.
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 medium (4-1/8" long)s green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked cocktail shrimp
- 1 ½ cups frozen baby peas
- ½ (8 ounce) package rice noodles, broken into 3 inch pieces and soaked
- Combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add curry powder, garlic, and ginger; stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add peppers, onions, and scallions; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken stock mixture, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and peas, and cook until hot. Add noodles, and cook until dish is heated thoroughly. Serve immediately.