This 5-ingredient cauliflower and pear salad is simple to make yet elegant enough to serve to company.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can Bartlett pear halves in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 4 ounces small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Drain and reserve syrup from pear halves.
- Whisk reserved syrup and 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon mayonnaise in a small bowl. Place cauliflower florets in the dressing for 5 minutes.
- Divide pear halves and lettuce between 2 salad plates. Remove cauliflower florets from the dressing using a slotted spoon; divide evenly between the plates. Spoon desired amount of dressing over salads. Top with Cheddar cheese.