Anchovies sauteed with garlic and oil makes a pungently tasty sauce for hot spaghetti. Add some breadcrumbs and parsley to the anchovy mix and toss with the noodles to serve.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and anchovies to cook for about 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and turn off heat. Add parsley and black ground pepper; mix together.
- Toss anchovy sauce with hot pasta and sprinkle with cheese; serve.